Monday, September 24, 2012

September 24th - A Word From Dad

Hey Everyone,

So far Heather has been doing a wonderful job at updating everyone on the girls progress, but since she is asleep trying to regain some strength I thought I would take some time to fill in everyone today.

Well it is already day four and our girls continue to amaze me everyday. Anabell is already breathing completely on her own and only needs her feeding tube, although she can take some small amounts of milk orally at this point. Isabell is progressing well as she is being lowered on the ventilator support for her breathing. She seems to love taking things at her own pace, which is just fine for me. The girls also had their first ultrasound today to look at the blood vessels in their heads to see how they are progressing. We are still waiting to hear from the doctor, but are always hoping for the best.

Heather is doing pretty good as well. She has been such a strong person through everything and I know will be a great mother. Currently she is battling a little infection from the c-section and had run a fever last night, but is now doing a little better. She has been so adamant about pumping milk for the girls every three hours; I'm glad to see her get some well deserved and needed sleep to try and regain her strength.

Last night I decided to do the kangaroo care with Anabell, since mom isnt't allowed to hold them right now with her fever. It's amazing how tiny she really is, but still able to make a big impact in my world. Holding her in my arms (pretty much my hand) meant the world to me and she gave me quite a few laughs as she tried to grab my whiskers and chest hair, I was even able to see her big smile doing this with the pictures Heather took (see below). Of course after 5 minutes she was out cold on my chest and I think I was out after 10 minutes. I can hardly wait until I can hold her and her sister next.

This morning the girls are now off of the photo therapy and the nurses have taken their masks off allowing us to really see their faces. They are definitely sisters :) Anabell was trying her very hardest to get a look at us and I'm sure she will open her big eyes next time we come into the NICU. Her sister has yet to fully open her eyes, but I know Isabell will get there in due time.

I also want to say thank you to everyone for their tremendous support through Heather's pregnancy and now our NICU journey. Its been a tough roller coaster ride, but these past few days have been some of the greatest in my life and I'm going to relish in the excitement and joy of these two little girls while I can.

Love,

Heather, Jim, Anabell and Isabell



"Jim & Heather,
Good Morning!  I just want to congratulate on your little bundles of joy, they are truly precious! J   I know it’s been a very difficult, but I’m so thankful that everyone seems to be doing good.  Just think what a miraculous story you’ll be able to tell them one day!  Also, I want to tell you how much it also meant that you named the girls after Grandma Jean and her twin Joy, wow I still cry every time I think of that.   Wow, what special guardian angels in heaven looking out for Anabel Joy and Isabel Jean.   Jim I look at them and I think of you when your when in the NICU when you were born……look how big & strong you are today. 
Love Lots"

Daddy and Anabell sleeping

Anabell Exploring

Anabell and her Pacifier

No comments:

Post a Comment