Sunday, September 2, 2012

September 2nd- Time flies!

We made it another week! 27 weeks today! Crazy how far we've come! Not too much to report for the day, but I have some swelling in my feet so I might end up with some tests this week after all. Looking at an ultrasound, labs, and possible 24 hour urine collection tomorrow. Probably won't know until the morning though and depending on my blood pressure today. It was a little high this morning but I was also on the verge of hurting someone since I got left on the monitors for almost 2 hours and asked twice to get taken off!! Poor Jim couldn't sleep last night and I woke him up freaking out! My nurse today and yesterday isn't so big on doing my vitals very often so not sure where I'm sitting right now?

I'm having a hard time accepting that in all reality I will be the mother of 2 little girls I can see and touch in probably 10 weeks! 37 weeks is considered full term with mono-di twins and especially with all the problems we have had I'm sure they won't let me go past that. I'm extremely excited to see their little faces and meet them, but terrified at the same time! It's just crazy how fast time flies especially when you think about I've already been on bedrest for 12 weeks and my first hospital stay was over 4 weeks ago now! The last 4 weeks in particular have really flown by, so I can only imagine how quick these last 10 weeks will go! I have a countdown going on my whiteboard in my room that I have 91 days until 40 weeks and even that number blows my mind! It seems like just yesterday I was taking that pregnancy test!

I'm so scared about how hard this is going to be once they are born! I have read that with twins I will spend at least 10 hours a day breastfeeding, plus pumping. We will change 20-30 diapers a day. Plus the fear of being they are identical we will get them mixed up! I'm not as scared about that since I already know one is smaller, but Jim is terrified of that one! I have heard millions of ways to tell them apart, most common being different colored nail polish on their toes, but they are fall/winter babies, we won't be seeing their toes much!! I am thinking about getting their ears pierced after their 2 month shots which I heard is the safe time, but Jim isn't too sure how he feels about that yet. I can go both ways, it would be similar to a circumcision in that it would be better to get the pain over with when they won't remember it, but at the same time who are we to make the decision to put holes in their bodies? We will just play that one by EAR I guess! Haha!

So many things to think about and ponder. Who will they look like? Who will they act like? Will we be good parents? Will they be good kids? Time will tell I guess! Hope everyone is having a relaxing weekend and God bless!

Love- Heather, Jim, Anabell and Isabell

No comments:

Post a Comment