Wednesday, September 5, 2012

September 5th- In a funk

I know I haven't written in a couple days again, but I'm in a funk and can't get out of it. I'm just crabby and don't want to talk to anyone. I haven't been feeling too good and haven't had a ton of good news the last couple days. Baby A is good as always, but Baby B is back to either being elevated or having gaps, or today she had both. We are back on daily ultrasounds which is frustrating because it gets stressful laying there everyday waiting for them to get to Baby B and hoping she isn't any worse. Then wondering how long they will just let her hang out with the gaps and the elevations. I haven't had a chance to talk to the doctor about it, but I worry that eventually they will decide enough is enough, she isn't worse but the constant mild distress she is under has to become a problem eventually right? We had group today which wasn't very eventful, but the other twins mom that has the exact same problem with the dopplers was there today. We chatted afterwards and she told me hers have had some reversals which is the next step and they redid her ultrasound later in the day so it wasn't an immediate must deliver. That was comforting, but then she said either way the doctors plan on delivering her at 32 weeks due to the constant distress. I know nobody is the same but I'm sure that probably applies to me too and I just haven't asked yet. I was struggling with delivering in 10 weeks, now we are looking at 4 1/2!! That's insane! I'm so not ready for that!

I did another 24 hour urine on Monday which came back the highest its been yet. So apparently the preeclampsia is getting worse again. Depending which doctor I talk to they give me the numbers different, but it was 800 which is higher, but they don't get too concerned until 5,000, so we still have time. Usually they tell me in the 0.3-5.0 range and I'm not sure how 800 translates to that, but that's where we are sitting. I'm a little scared because my blood pressure has been higher the last couple days, last night it was in the 170s and the machine even starting beeping to warn us. Plus the swelling and I've started getting blurry vision and headaches. I thought originally the vision was from this project I'm working on and it being strenuous on my eyes but I'm not too sure now? The one time I had the nurse check my blood pressure but it came back normal.

All in all its been kind of a stressful week and I feel bad because I've been taking it out on Jim. He of course is taking it like a champ and being such a sweetheart. On the bright side, we moved back to my first room today! It's so much bigger than the other room, and I actually have a view!! The other room looked right into the windows the of the office building next door and you hate to open your blinds because there are people right there that can see you all day! This one looks out over the river even though you can't see it, but I know it's there, and has a very pretty skyline. No bathtub, but it was starting to get hard to step out of the tub without falling on my face so this is probably better anyways. Plus we not only have a closet we have some cupboards we can actually put our clothes and stuff in.

My Kansas/Dad's side of the family would be so proud of me!! When I was like 7 my great aunt Emma taught me how to crochet. I was horrible at it and ended up crocheting circles because I messed up the end of every row. My interest didn't last long and I gave up. Well in my boredom this weekend I sent Jim to the store for some yarn and crochet hooks and thanks to youtube was able to remind myself how to crochet and started a blanket! I'm terrified I won't get it done before the babies are here but I'm almost more scared I won't get 2 done and feel like I'm picking favorites already! I have gotten lots of compliments from the doctors and nurses that it's coming along very nicely, so I'm feeling good about it! It came back pretty quick and I even learned how to change colors from youtube. I know I didn't learn that when I was little! I'm feeling really sentimental about it and proud that A.) I'm making something special for my girls and B.) It brings back a lot of memories from when I was little and Kansas and my family. My great aunt used to make the most beautiful blankets and it's fun to learn something that meant so much to her.

Anyways, I'm supposed to be ordering dinner for Jim since he is getting me Taco Bell and he is eating my nasty hospital food for the night! I hope everyone had a good first couple days back to school! God bless you and your families!

Love- Heather, Jim, Anabell and Isabell

No comments:

Post a Comment