Sunday, September 9, 2012

September 9th- 28 Weeks!!

I know it's been awhile again, but it's been a rough couple days! My blood pressure has been high since Thursday and starting on Friday I had a constant headache that didn't go away until today finally. Friday was a really hard day for me too. I was having a hard time with I can't go to the bathroom without my blood pressure spiking, or do anything for that matter. I was having a hard time with hearing in group all the time how the other mom's have bad days and meltdowns and it made me realize since this all started 5 weeks ago I haven't had a chance to to breakdown and cry. I haven't really had that luxury because if I do my blood pressure gets way out of control and then I have to worry about having to deliver. So with my blood pressure already being high the last couple days I decided on Friday to ask the doctor if we could up my blood pressure medication. Her response was they didn't want to do that because if it was the preeclampsia they didn't want to mask my symptoms and if my blood pressure continues being a problem we have to start thinking about delivering. Besides that I asked if there was a magic number that they won't let me go past for delivering and she told me definitely not past 34 weeks but likely closer to 32. The whole time I was in the middle of an ultrasound and when the doctors left I just started sobbing. Poor Rhonda, one of my favorite ultrasound techs, had no idea what to say or do! Usually we have these happy go lucky conversations and here I was bawling! She tried though, and I know she went out and told my nurse, which luckily was Cherie, one of my all time favorite nurses, but I had it in my head it was my meltdown day and I was taking advantage of it while I could! Jim ended up leaving work because he was worried about me, because I had text him and told him the conversation with the doctor and how I felt like if I cried and my blood pressure spiked I was going to have to deliver, so I was crying and no guarantee I wouldn't deliver by the end of the day at this rate. Well they started checking my blood pressure more often because of it being so high lately and when Cherie checked it in the afternoon it was fairly high, which resulted in 2 things. 1.) I told her my concerns and hope to get my blood pressure medication upped but how the doctor shot that down quick. She took it in her hands and advocated for me and convinced the doctor to up it. I was so grateful! And 2.) We realized my blood pressure machine was broken! It kept refilling everytime and turning my hand purple and popping the veins out of my hand and sure enough my blood pressure would be outrageous! It's sort of a which came first the chicken or the egg situation, but she changed the cuff and sure enough it got better.

Sad to say most the weekend my blood pressure has still been higher and with that I had a horrible headache for 2 days. I still have a bad feeling it won't be long before they decide enough is enough, and I won't make it another week, but I can at least say I made it to my third trimester as of today! I always heard preeclampsia can change quick and I went from being just fine and feeling a little like why am I even here to I feel miserable and feel like I actually need to be in the hospital. Tomorrow and Tuesday will probably give me some answers and hopefully a better idea where we are sitting. I have a 24 hour urine starting at midnight tonight, labs tomorrow and the first ultrasound since Friday. Baby B has had some elevations but her last couple ultrasounds overall have been decent and no gaps so they decided to give me the weekend off. Coincidentally the girls have not agreed to that idea and have seriously not stopped kicking and wrestling in 4 days! They don't even slow down at night and I have lost some sleep over it! I think it was Thursday I told Jim to come feel and maybe they would stop because they usually don't like to show off for other people! Sure enough as soon as he put his hand on my belly there were a couple little flutters and they quit. So Jim put his cheek on my belly so he could try to hear them and just as I said I wouldn't do that if you don't want to get kicked in the cheek, BAM! A good solid kick right in his cheek! It was hilarious! Pretty cute too! 

Also on Friday I ended up getting acupuncture! I've heard the other mom's talk about it in group because they do it Wednesdays and Fridays and on Wednesday my nurse had put me on the list because I had a headache but they ran out of time. So I was up first on Friday! It was another very strange experience! There were a couple needles that seriously hurt when they put them in! My ears are still sore! It did get rid of my headache on Friday for like half an hour but then it came back strong as ever! :( I can't say if it was the acupuncture or the increase in medication but the swelling in my feet went back down. I guess now that I had it once I am on priority because they think the more you do it the better the effect, so I get it again this Friday! :s I'm not real sure how I feel about that yet! I don't have a lot of problems with needles, but that was pretty intense!

I have had a couple visitors this last week. I forgot to mention on Wednesday that my aunt stopped by with my cousin and brought me some treats! Wisconsin has the best cheese and even though I think you can find them in most grocery stores, even in Minnesota, but the first time I had ranch cheese curds was at my aunt and uncle's and it's just not the same if they don't come from there! So she brought me a bag of them, and man were they delicious!! I shared with Jim but he knows how much I love them so I ate most the bag! Plus she brought me some white chocolate truffle things that were melt in your mouth heaven!! Yummy! Thanks Sue! Friday a friend of mine named Amanda, but not the Amanda I usually talk about, stopped by! She is pregnant too and so cute! She brought the girls their own little blankies which were adorable! They are both pink and one is covered with butterflies and flowers and the other one just has one butterfly but it's the same as the ones all over the other blankie! So they match, but are different which is perfect! Also 2 little outfit sets which are adorable as can be! I get so excited about all the cute little clothes! I kinda feel like a kid getting new Barbies and clothes! Haha! Like sometimes I don't feel mature enough to be having kids, I just think about all the cute little things and not the fact that I'm actually going to have 2 little humans depending on me in 4-6 weeks! But that part just scares me to no end, which probably raises my blood pressure and I really don't think I'm ready to be a mom in a couple days! Friday night Jim's parents stopped by and picked us up pizza, which was fantastic! Yum! Then Saturday my other friend Amanda, the one I usually talk about, stopped by for awhile. Helped the time go by I guess, but it was hard to put on a happy face when I was pretty bummed.

I'm feeling much better today! Blood pressure still up, but no headache! I am blaming part of my blood pressure on the Vikings game today! Very intense, but very awesome game! I love football season! My nurse laughed at me because Jim started talking to the TV and I said come on hunny, we don't watch them because we think they will win! Then they won! That probably helped my mood though. I haven't been nearly as bummed today either. I'm back on the up-swing! My doctor for the week cracked me up this morning though! One of the residents commented on my crocheting and said oh nice, what are you knitting?! I kinda mumbled I'm crocheting a blanket. But my doctor piped up with that isn't knitting, that's crocheting! My mom crocheted, but I knit and it didn't look anything like that! I kinda gave him a funny look and he goes, what, what else was there to do in the winter growing up on a farm?! I guess if you can knit, you probably have pretty good surgery hands too. At least I'm going with that! I'm kind of hoping to make it around until Dr. Prosen is back up here. The ultrasound tech told me last week one of her most common surgeries is blood transfusions on the babies in the uterus! Maybe that is pretty common, but that knocked my socks off! There are quite a few nurses and ultrasound techs and everyone that comments on how amazing she is at her job though, and I really like her. Although Dr. Ramin whom is my doctor this week doesn't seem to shabby either, and he was talking about how he used to work at Mayo today. I feel good about that too I guess.

I think that is at least the gist of my week, but it's been a little stressful and I haven't been all there for half of it. As long as I don't have a headache I will try keeping everyone updated since its kind of a busy couple days here. But I really didn't do anything the last couple days with the nasty headache, crocheting got put on hold, the blog got put on hold, even Jim kinda got put on the back burner while I concentrated on not making my headache worse! Anyways, I hope everyone had a great weekend, congratulations to the Vikings fans, sorry to the Packers fans, and God bless everyone!

Love- Heather, Jim, Anabell and Isabell

No comments:

Post a Comment