Wednesday, September 12, 2012

September 13th- Big Babies!

So the babies really aren't "big" babies yet, but they are growing! We had our growth scan today and Baby A was 2 pounds 13 ounces, so she gained a pound exactly and Baby B was 2 pounds 2 ounces, so she gained 14 ounces. I was hoping for at least 2 pound babies and I got my wish, so that's good! I was up most the night last night practically crying I was in so much pain and thanks to the ultrasound I now know why... Baby A made her home with her head in my right hip and her butt in my left! My nurse was all worried I was going into pre-term labor, but I had a feeling she was just laying funny. I've had the pain before and that was back when she liked to kick me in the hip, at least now she is too big to do that! Plus my little Baby B has made a home in my right ribs again! Her head is right where my ribs meet, the sternum? and basically she is lying flush up to them all the way down. Not cool babies! It was pretty funny because I asked the tech if she was really laying that high on my ribs or if she had the wand angled and she moved it so it was looking straight down and was like nope, she is really that high. Then she used her other hand and poked my belly and we watched on the ultrasound her poking Baby B right by her head! It was hilarious! OK, maybe I'm the only one that thinks it's funny that my baby was getting poked, but I've never seen someone do that and realizing that she is really that close to touch, the tech was barely pressing down! Not to mention I have these babies poking me all day long, I'm just getting even! :)

I also learned during my ultrasound that it sounds like the mom that was having twins and was only a couple days ahead of me and was having problems with dopplers also was delivering today. Kind of sad to hear that, I've really enjoyed talking to her after group. Plus not too many people can relate like she can! Our babies were even in sync for awhile, when she had reversals on her A my B had absents, when she had absents on her A my B had elevations, and when she had elevations on her A my B was completely normal! I'm hoping they don't deliver her until after group today, but I doubt it for 2 reasons. If it was planned which it kinda sounds like it was I'm sure the doctor wanted to get it over with right away this morning, and I just heard the little musical thing go off twice right in a row and what are the odds another set of twins or 2 random babies were just born that close?

On Monday, Baby B had some absents again, but they were just elevations yesterday and today so that's better. They ended up canceling my 24 hour urine on Monday because my lab work from that morning came back completely normal and they determined even if my urine/protein level was high it wouldn't change their course of treatment at the moment. Although all of Baby A's dopplers have been coming back just fine she has had some problems with her heart rate on the monitors. Sometimes it dips super low and  sometimes it goes pretty high. In other words, I'm ending up on the stupid monitors for more like 3 hours a day! :( It doesn't stay in either place very long, but my nurses are watching closely. I will probably have a short break from ultrasounds again since they don't get too concerned about the elevations, they just don't want to see the absents. I wouldn't have had one today but my growth scan was already scheduled and I was looking forward to it.

I think that's all the medical stuff for the week so far. I started crocheting again on Monday since my headaches have cleared up. I'm not a whole lot further, but we're making progress! One of my overnight nurses crochets and everytime she comes in she gives me crap because I'm using a small hook I guess and I have such super tight stitches. The super tight stitches I agree with, but I can't stop that now, but I like the hook size. Either way she keeps telling me its going to take a year just to finish the first one. We will see. Apparently someone or somehow they got a bunch of fabric on the unit to make those tie blankets and one of my nurses brought me in some for that. I haven't actually opened it yet but there looks like a lot of fabric in it. I'm not sure if it's to make 2 or make 1 big one. If it's one big one I might keep it for myself and save my girls some drama! (Plus I kind of always wanted one!) Obviously if I can cut it into 2 I will, so don't think bad things about me!

Then my last big time waster, I'm trying to get into couponing. It would be so much easier if I had a printer available because there are so many coupons online, but I'm trying to learn still. I found some good websites that basically show you the exact coupons and where to get them and how to do it. My problem is just getting stocked up on coupons in the first place! So if anyone has some coupons you don't want.... !!! No matter what, with twins on the way, we are going to have to save some money somehow, so why not try it at least? Plus I may have watched a marathon day of Extreme Couponing a couple weeks ago and that show is inspiring! Do I want a basement full of food I will never eat before it expires? Heck no! Would I love to find all those deals though and instead of filling my basement fill a foodshelf? Heck yeah! Plus I remember when I quit Solutran I knew it was coming and had used half my bonus that year and stocked up on a couple months worth of shampoo/conditioner/soap/toothpaste/deodorant that kinda stuff and even though I didn't use coupons it was still the best thing I ever could have done! I was lucky I was hired full time at the Academy so quick after I quit Solutran, but otherwise who knew how long it would be until I had a regular income again? That safety net, and knowing I wouldn't have to worry about my hygiene at least was so reassuring. So anyways, that's my new hobby. I haven't actually made Jim go shopping yet, but we're getting close!

I think that's about all I have for today. Plus I have to get in the shower and get my lunch ordered soon so I can go to group. I'm a little bummed I didn't get my 2-3 hour nap in this morning, especially after so little sleep last night, but I look forward to group every week and don't want to miss that! Peggy, the social worker, was trying to get the lactation consultant to come in and talk to us today and that should be pretty interesting. So fingers crossed for a nap after group! Haha!

Hope you are all finding the bright side of this cloudy/icky looking day! God bless!

Love- Heather, Jim, Anabell and Isabell

No comments:

Post a Comment