Friday, August 10, 2012

August 10th- 1 week in the hospital!

One week in the hospital down!! Last week this time we didn't think I would make the weekend without meeting these girls and here we are a week down and only 2 more days til viability! Very proud of my little fighters!

I've decided Baby B is a little bipolar! Last night I had to be on the monitors for 3 hours because they have been seeing accelerations in their heartbeats which is great, another thing they are early on, but they couldn't get them on Baby B last night. Usually they don't see the accelerations until 28 weeks but once you see them they are supposed to see them everytime. After telling the nurse you're freaking me out a little she was quick to reassure me that this was ridiculous because they are acting like normal 23/24 week old babies! So after all that drama last night and the bad reading yesterday I was nervous for the doppler ultrasound this morning... but she had the best scores she has had yet! Figures!

I also had labs done this morning, which were still good. I'm starting to look like a druggy with all the holes in my arms! I already have permanent scars from donating plasma a couple years ago I'm just hoping all these new holes don't become permanent too! :s I started another 24 hour urine collection and I'm crossing my fingers it goes well! My blood pressure has been a little high but they can still up my blood pressure medication if its hypertension. If its preeclampsia though I don't know how high they will let it go before they take my babies and I'm just not ready for that! All part of the waiting game I guess!

It's been kind of funny watching the babies on the ultrasounds and seeing Jim and I in them already! Baby A is totally built like me with her big-little belly and I don't think I was a small baby. Baby B is just a tiny little thing which Jim was an itty bitty baby since he was a preemie too. But Baby A is so chill and just lays there all quiet and is so good for the ultrasound techs which is totally Jim. Baby B is a feisty little girl though and ALWAYS moving and kicking her sister, which is totally my personality! It's just amazing to see already when they are so little and not even born yet!

Had a couple visitors again which has been amazing! I hope everyone realizes how nice it is to be connected to the outside world! Toni, Tadum and Sarah stopped by and we had some laughs! For those that don't know Sarah is Toni's friend and she is pregnant and due pretty much the same time as me. It's so crazy to see someone at the same point in the pregnancy but so different! Plus now I have a boyfriend for one of these girls! My mom came too and her and Jim went and got Davanni's for us for dinner which was a nice treat! I don't mind the hospital food at all actually, but I do love some pizza! Today my aunt and uncle stopped by and kept me company for quite awhile! Plus my cousin Mary is doing this nature thing where she is in the woods for 2 months making paths and stuff but she had this weekend off and decided to hike home for it and called while they were here! I was glad to hear the grizzlys didn't get her! I couldn't imagine but am so impressed she could go without ANYTHING for 2 months! Also my pastor called, he had wanted to stop by this week but had some things going on. I totally understand and it was nice to just chat on the phone for a little bit with him and fill him in on everything. He plans on adding us to the prayers on Sunday which I really appreciate. It's a little strange for how many years I've been praying for people from our church Sundays and to now have our name on that list, but I'm open to prayers from wherever we can get them!

I'm really proud of how strong my faith has gotten over the last week. Normally during hard times I tend to stray and forget about how important God is in my life. But the last week all I've wanted to do is pray and I've never felt so connected to God. It has brought a deep sense of peace and acceptance knowing no matter what it is in God's hands and he has a plan. All I can do is follow doctor's orders and let God do the rest. I think hearing about so many prayer chains going around for us has just magnified the power and love God has. I keep hearing about more people and churches praying for us, people I will never meet yet they think we are worth it. Its just amazing!

As always, thank you for everything and God bless!

Love- Heather, Jim, Anabell, and Isabell

No comments:

Post a Comment