Thursday, August 30, 2012

August 30th- Always something!

Apparently this time around I am not very good at keeping up with this blogging thing! Sorry! I had a rough ultrasound yesterday morning. Not so much that there were problems, but the ultrasound tech was a jerk. Apparently I have problems with people lately! She kept telling me to hold my breath then would jam the thing into me and I would jump because it hurt so bad and she would get mad at me for breathing! What did she think I would do?! I asked at the end of the ultrasound how the dopplers were and she said Baby B's were still elevated and I asked if they were better or worse than the day before and her response was "Miracles don't happen, these things only get worse, they don't get better." Excuse me!? If that were the case I wouldn't have gone home for a week lady! We had group yesterday and I brought it up. Peggy, the social worker up here told my MFM doctor of the week and he told the ultrasound supervisor who came and talked to me this morning. I was impressed how quickly it was addressed and am glad they didn't make me feel like an overemotional pregnant lady, which I was starting to question! So with the ultrasound being pretty much the same and not any worse they are going to try going back to every other day ultrasounds instead of daily.

Other than that yesterday wasn't too exciting. It was nice to go to group and see that there are still some familiar faces! We talked about some ideas to keep us busy while we're stuck here but I haven't really been in the crafty mood. I do have a really exciting plan for when I get out of here and probably won't finish til the girl's wedding day if I'm lucky, but I'm still going to give it a try!... With the probably 50+ ultrasounds I've now had I want to make each girl their own quilt with their ultrasound pictures. I have no idea how to get the pictures onto fabric or how to quilt even but I think it will be kinda cool.

Last night got a little more exciting... around 8 or 9 I started getting a pain in my left side that kept getting worse and worse. Not positive but we're thinking I have a stupid kidney stone. For those that don't know, I get more kidney stones than I get new underwear! I actually just had like 5 or more blasted in February. Not to mention the 7 I had blasted 2 years before that and the couple I actually passed inbetween. So fun! They are totally my own stupid fault though. I know peanuts and spinach are my biggest culprits, but sometimes I just space it out. I was craving peanut butter the last week and Jim got me Perkins Peanut Butter Silk Pie (AMAZING!) and I ate peanut butter and jelly sandwiches like 4 meals in a row! It never even crossed my mind, I was just a pregnant woman with a craving! Grr! So I got some Tylenol and a hot pack and was up most the night trying to guzzle water and going to the bathroom because I didn't want to sleep with an IV in. If it gets any worse I move on up to a morphine drip! Probably wouldn't be so bad if it just made me sleep all day, but I figure I would say a lot of stupid things and make an idiot of myself and I'm more of a social druggy! Nobody wants to be the only messed up person getting laughed at! Haha!

After being up all night I really just wanted to sleep all day today, but nobody wanted to let me do that! Everytime I fell asleep somebody would walk in! My nurse in particular seemed worried about my trying to sleep the day away, like I had so many better things to attend to! I don't think it really matters if I take a shower at 9am or 5pm, nobody I care about smelling good for shows up til after 5! They did send in a lady to do an integrative therapy?? I'm not really sure what she was doing, she kinda talked about western medicine and a holistic approach and I figured why not? So I laid in bed with the lights out and she barely even touched me, more shook her hands at me and waved her arms over me. I would have laughed if I wasn't so sore and just hoping it would work. Well next thing I knew I woke up with drool all over my face!! I wouldn't say the pain is gone, but it did seem to help. It was very surreal, but I'm not judging, it was free and if it works it works!

Other than that, kind of a lonely day. Jim went to the apartment after work to finish getting it packed up, we have to be out by tomorrow. I want to be sad, I mean it wasn't the worst apartment in the world, and the first time I was actually out of my parents house for any length of time, but living above a pet store is a HORRIBLE idea! Especially that one! They were gross and the whole building stinks! My clothes make me sick in the hospital because I smell just how bad it is all day. Our landlords were great and very sweet people, but that pet store ruined everything! We thought they were getting better because at first they had a giant plastic tub they kept by the stairs full of all the bunny/mice/guinea pig type animal droppings which was disgusting. That finally went away but I swear instead they just quit cleaning their cages in general or something! Oh well, not our problem anymore! Live and learn!

That's all the excitement I have, hope you're all having a good week and ready for the holiday weekend! God bless!

Love- Heather, Jim, Anabell and Isabell

No comments:

Post a Comment