Monday, August 20, 2012

August 20th- Operation sleep the day away!

Today was the first day I was home alone, on bedrest, and no visitors! I was bored out of my mind! No nurses meant no company. No Jim meant making my own lunch, which consisted of a mostly liquid diet since we don't have much for food being we are moving, and I was too scared to stand on my feet for too long to cook anything. So I had some really great cream of broccoli soup and vanilla and chocolate pudding... yum yum!! Not! Haha!

So operation sleep the day away was commenced, and successful! I really didn't do much except watch Grey's Anatomy and sleep. At least yesterday I got to sneak out of the apartment for awhile to go to my parents and get my car. They made us dinner and I hung out on the couch for awhile. It was a nice break from my bed and Grey's Anatomy!

I did have a slight hiccup today, when I realized I didn't know what time my growth ultrasound was on Wednesday. So I called the U of M and they didn't have me scheduled. They called back and said I had been penciled in for 1:30 so lets just make that permanent. Then they called again to let me know I should continue my care at the U of M instead of going back to Ridges for my other ultrasounds, and I needed to check with the care team I see after my ultrasound on Wednesday to find out for sure. First of all Ridges is further away but they have free parking is the only reason I decided to go back there but the doctors that discharged me gave me the choice of where I wanted to go. Either way its the same doctors! They rotate between hospitals, so I really don't see what difference the hospital makes? Plus they are only like half an hour away from each other so if I have to be re-admitted it wouldn't be any different than when I was admitted the first time. Either way, it did take up almost an hour of my day by time I finished getting on and off the phone with them!

The other good news, yesterday was 25 weeks! We weren't going to make it to 23 weeks and here we are! That much is pretty exciting, and what makes the rest of this worth it in the end! All we really want is healthy babies, so whatever it takes to give them a chance!

Hope everyone else had a more exciting Monday than me! God bless!

Love-Heather, Jim, Anabell, and Isabell

No comments:

Post a Comment