Thursday, August 9, 2012

August 9th- Backtracking

We had our doppler ultrasound this morning which Baby A passed with flying colors like normal. But Baby B's was abnormal again. There were some blank spots which means she is struggling to push the blood from the umbilical chord back into the placenta and it starts to backflow. It wasn't any worse than it has been, so wasn't a an immediate concern at least.

I had lab work done again which came back normal, but my liver functioning is just starting to go down. Another thing that wasn't an immediate concern but we will keep monitoring. I am going to start another 24 hour urine collection either this evening or tomorrow to see how my protein levels are in my urine. I'm a little concerned with I've been completely exhausted all day and spent a lot of time napping, but I am pregnant and I do only get a couple hours of sleep at night, so could be nothing.

Had a couple visitors since yesterday. Jim's Aunt Joyce and Aunt Viv stopped by for a little bit and we had a really nice chat and prayed. It was really sweet to see his family, I felt bad our dinner showed up and they left, but it was still a nice break in the day. Then later last night Amanda and Jake stopped by which was a real moodlifter for Jim I think. Its the first time I've heard him gut-busting-laughing in a couple days which was nice to hear! I think he gets pushed to the side on how difficult it is to be stuck here since he isn't the pregnant one, but he hasn't left my side for anything but to go to work and come right back. He definitely got the raw end of the deal sleeping on a plastic chair that rolls out to a nasty plastic bed! The whole time he has been so sweet and supportive and makes me feel like the luckiest girl in the world everyday to have found such a great man! Then today a social worker stopped by who has been trying to get us answers for tons of things and I feel a little guilty that we put her to work so hard! Plus an intern Chaplain that was here Monday stopped by again today. I just adore her! She is the sweetest lady and both times we have had such amazing chats that last over an hour and help break up my day! I'm a little sad her internship ends next week so we didn't get long together, but she is just amazing!

Besides that it was an uneventful day. I made my first attempt at being crafty and tried to make a hat with a knitting loom thing, but I probably need some practice! Our boys at work use them all the time and when I first found out I was pregnant I ran to the store and bought every size and shape to make hats and blankets thinking I'm going to be so crafty and save us some money and how sentimental! HAHA! All the stuff has been sitting in our living room wasting space and Jim finally decided now was the time for me to get on it! I probably wouldn't try selling it obviously but I guess it could be worse!

Hope everyone else is having a good day and God bless you all!

Love- Heather, Jim, Anabell, and Isabell

No comments:

Post a Comment