Tuesday, August 14, 2012

August 14th- Mikey's Birthday!

Today was quite a day all around! It was my nephew Mikey's birthday! I couldn't be at his birthday party on Sunday but Rosie, Joe, Mikey and Mason stopped by so I could spend a little bit of time with Mikey on his actual birthday! I'm really excited for him because Shawn is taking him to Disney World for a week next week which is just awesome! It was great seeing Mason too! I just love that kid! He gets so excited about my babies and always has his hand attached to my belly! I felt bad because I tried eating some M&Ms to get them kicking which usually does the trick, but Mason didn't get to feel anything! It was their lazy time today! Either way it definitely brightened my day seeing my boys!

Along the lines of the babies... no tests or anything exciting today but we have a plan for the week! We are doing another ultrasound tomorrow, labs on Thursday, 24 hour urine Thursday, probably another ultrasound Friday morning and if all is well I will be discharged Friday afternoon! It's kind of frustrating that they change the doctor on the unit weekly. I had Dr. Prosen last week whom was amazing and all the nurses even commented how lucky we were to be here while she was on. She was all about I have preeclampsia, even though my number was so low on the preeclampsia scale they were still going to treat it as preeclampsia,  I was going to be constantly monitored and I was going to be here til delivery. Then this week I have Dr. Nyholm who is all about I'm just fine, even my high blood pressure is good, and just doing whatever she can to get me out the door. Today Dr. Phillips I think was his name came in to say Dr. Nyholm had to go to Maple Grove so he was here today but he will be here starting this weekend so we will get to know each other better then. But I've been under the impression I'm leaving Friday, and he makes it sound like I won't be?!?! I'm so confused! Don't these people talk and make a plan and follow through?! Something? I have no problem being here til delivery like I've said, but I just don't know what to think and if you ask straight out obviously the Dr.'s aren't going to back talk each other or anything. So confusing!

A little bit of TMI but for the first time in my life I have some major acne going on!! Yeah I've had a zit here and there, but nothing like this!! My whole chest is completely broke out and its spread down my belly! I never realized acne was so painful! I have a whole new sympathetic side for the acne boys at work! I asked my nurse who was kind enough to tell me it will go away as soon as I give birth, that if I haven't had the problem before its definitely the hormones from being pregnant! That was good news! Plus she talked to the doctors who hooked me up with some acne cream! I heard girls like to steal your beauty, and it was one of my first clues I was probably having girls, but geeze! I feel like a 16 year old! Haha!

I had quite a few visitors today besides my nephews, don't think I forgot about you!! My friend Beth showed up not long after Rosie, Joe and the boys, and she totally saved the day!! I've been going crazy over these long overdue caterpillar eyebrows and she got me a tweezers! So silly how exciting little things become, but man it was great! I have an eyebrow plucking addiction so hopefully it won't get out of hand with nothing better to do! Either way thanks Beth!! Tonight Jim's cousins Melissa and Angie and his adopted sister (haha family joke) Becky stopped by and we had some good laughs! It was nice to laugh so hard and and have some girl time, even though Jim was hiding in the corner!

Jim and I had another date night of Subway in the courtyard! It would be so much better if the hospital didn't spike the prices on Subway! They don't really tell you how much your total is when you pay and I went online the other night and looked and it was $18 for our 2 meals!! So much for 5...5 dollar...5 dollar foot long!! Ridiculous! But it's nice to just get away from everything and have some time with my husband without worrying about nurses and babies and hospitals and just be us for half an hour.

I think that was most my day? If it wasn't for all the visitors it was definitely a boring day. I watched most the 1st season of Grey's Anatomy since without the Olympics there isn't anything to watch! Its hard because I could totally sleep the day away but the hospital is so worried about people becoming depressed that they are constantly checking on you when you are sleeping because that's a big symptom of depression. The problem is they don't think about how I go to bed at 11 or later but am up at 5 every morning to get hooked up to the baby monitors. Plus I am pregnant...with twins... sleep is good! No go I guess :( Apparently our babies are a hot topic with the nurses at their shift change because they don't like to be on the monitors and are difficult. I am still a believer in its a good thing they are moving all the time but nobody ever seems to agree. I don't really understand why its such a big deal, and I'm still decided how I feel about being a hot topic but not much I can do I guess.

Anyways, off to bed! Goodnight! Hope you all had a great day! God bless!

Love-Heather, Jim, Anabell, and Isabell


No comments:

Post a Comment