Wednesday, August 15, 2012

August 15th

Had our ultrasound this morning... all good dopplers again!! Still on track for labs and 24 urine tomorrow and home Friday! I know I should be excited, but still not there yet. Jim went to the ultrasound with me this morning and got to see our babies again!

After the ultrasound Jim went to our apartment to start packing things up. I can't imagine what it will look like if I go home on Friday?! I don't know how much he did today or what to expect? Its really stressful being stuck here and knowing I don't really have a home anymore. There is just so much going on its a little overwhelming.

I went to a group with the other moms in the unit today. It was crazy hearing all these women's stories and being like geeze, I'm just fine! There is another twin mom that is living my ultimate nightmare! She is in preterm labor and dilated, enough so that when the doctors check her her Baby A has held the doctors finger multiple times!!! I have this irrational fear about babies like clawing their way out of me and the whole hands and fingers coming out freaks me out more than anything! If I ever hear my doctor is holding hands with my baby still inside me I will be permanently traumatized the rest of my life!!! Ick! Eew eew eew!!! It was really cool actually meeting some of the moms I keep hearing about though. There is a set of triplets next door to me and 2 other sets of twins so lots of people that can relate to the fear of multiples! The nurses keep telling me about the 1 set of twins that are in my exact boat and sure enough she is! She has had some abnormal dopplers with her baby A and possible twin to twin transfusion syndrome also. I don't think she had the preeclampsia problem, but we actually stayed awhile after group talking and comparing stories. I felt kind of bad because I brought up my fears about going home and you could practically see all the mom's mouth drop open and start drooling they were so jealous! They don't really understand how jealous I am that they get to stay here and be monitored all the time and know minute by minute their babies are safe and that you have constant people waiting on you hand and foot and available to answer any and all, no matter how stupid questions anytime day or night! It was so weird being so alike with some of the moms yet so far the opposite side. They even talked a lot about how the first week was so hard and it gets easier after that and all I could think was everyday last week I was grateful to be here another day because it meant I hadn't delivered. I thought last week was great! Like I said they wait on you hand and foot, I have unlimited cold water, someone makes my bed for me, brings me fresh towels daily, scrubs my room daily, if it wasn't for Jim they would do my laundry for me, what's not to like?!

The group kind of put how lucky I am into perspective. Even having Jim here all the time... I'm the only one whose husband spends the night, and spends anytime here at all. A couple of the other mom's have other children so they are lucky if they see their husband an hour a day. I couldn't imagine. I feel bad for Jim's sake he is always here and stuck in that horrible bed, but I didn't realize some people don't even get that option. I couldn't imagine, I don't know what I would have done without Jim here, he is my rock! I'm definitely all the more grateful for him now!

Anyways, kinda slow day otherwise, hope you all had a good day! God bless!

Love-Heather, Jim, Anabell and Isabell

No comments:

Post a Comment