Saturday, August 11, 2012

August 11th

Good news! My 24 hour urine collection came back the exact same! So if I have preeclampsia it's not worsening at least! Still debatable if it's preeclampsia or hypertension but no way to really know. My kidneys are leaking protein but anyone that knows me knows I've had problems with my kidneys since I graduated from high school! Me and kidney stones are best friends! I've had lithotripsy twice to blast them and maybe it's just wishful thinking but I want to believe that's what's going on.

Unfortunately the ultrasound tech didn't come in until a little later this morning so I had a chance to eat breakfast first... I already have hyperactive babies but trying to get any doppler readings this morning was a miracle! Baby A was extremely active and I think we only got 2 of her readings and gave up. Baby B was back to abnormal readings, but I don't think it was a true reading being she wouldn't sit still long enough! Either way she wasn't worse than before either, so looks like we will make it to viability day tomorrow!! Glad we beat the odds so far and we are just hanging in as long as possible! How great to make our first goal though! Very proud of my little fighters! Next goal 25 weeks! Just taking it one week at a time!

I'm a little nervous that I actually keep losing weight. I've lost 9 pounds since I was admitted. It was great at first because my swelling went down so quick and I figured it was that, but not sure what the deal is now? I definitely haven't been starving, and Jim started getting me something besides hospital food once in awhile, so not sure? 1 of my overnight nurses tells me I'm losing all my muscle mass which I could understand and I'm a little nervous about, but nothing I can do either. Also my blood pressure has been sitting what I thought was a little high the last couple days, 140s/60s but when I asked the doctor this morning she said that is my bodies new normal. They don't want to drop it much lower because my body has adjusted to that blood pressure and it could do more damage adjusting it. I never heard that, my regular ob upped my blood pressure meds everytime I was in the 140s. Just wait it out I guess?

Last night wasn't too eventful. My mom was here for awhile and right before she left I kind of broke down because I thought my blood pressure was too high. She had a hard time leaving after that which made me feel worse, I don't like upsetting her. I've been glad she has been around and so supportive during all this and I just hope she knows how much that means to me. We all had a nice dinner of Jimmy John's and pretty much called it a night.

I did start reading through my Bible and randomly came across a couple neat passages. A friend of mine had liked something on facebook that referenced Psalm 139 which is what started my bible study. I didn't realize that the summary of my beliefs is Psalm 139! I believe God knows everything about me and had a plan before I was born and already knows what I will do and I just have to trust in God's plan. Sometimes it's hard to hand over my life knowing there is nothing I can do to change it, but that's the point of faith. God doesn't give us more than we can handle and I have to trust in that.

The other cool passage I found was actually about twins and was a summary of what we are going through right now! I never even thought about twins being in the bible, but its right there in Genesis 25: 21-24. "Isaac prayed to the Lord for his wife, because she was barren; and the Lord granted his prayer, and his wife Rebekah conceived. The children struggled together within her; and she said, "If it is to be this way, why do I live?" So she went to inquire of the Lord. And the Lord said to her, "Two nations are in your womb, and two peoples born of you shall be divided; the one shall be stronger than the other, the elder shall serve the younger." When her time to give birth was at hand, there were twins in her womb." I thought that was pretty amazing, not to mention I can't really tell you how I got to that story besides randomly flipping through the Bible, I guess it was meant to be!

Hope you all enjoy your weekends and God bless!

Love- Heather, Jim, Anabell, and Isabell

No comments:

Post a Comment