Tuesday, August 28, 2012

August 28th- Could be worse!

So we got some good news today! The doctors are going to temporarily quit monitoring me so closely for the preeclampsia, they are almost positive that is not a concern right now. My blood pressure has dropped significantly, no swelling, no pain, and with the last urine protein test coming back so low they are going to lighten up! Yay, maybe some holes in my arms can heal! Good thing I don't have problems with needles!

The ultrasound was ok, there were some elevations in Baby B's umbilical chord doppler today which was a little strange. According to the tech you usually see that, then you see the gaps which is what we usually see, then you see reversals, where it drops below the base line. It sounds a little weird to me we see the absents then backtrack to the elevations, but the doctor said everything still looked stable. Baby A had good dopplers and no big problems.

The doctors this morning were pretty sure since I was readmitted a second time for the same problem and it hasn't really gone away, I probably won't be going home until I deliver. Hopefully that isn't for another 10 weeks, but it will suck if I have to stay here for that long!! Oh well, just taking it one day at a time right now!

I have been dying for state fair food, let's be real all those amazing foods have to be a pregnant woman's fantasy! Well I can't go obviously, but my friend Amanda went on Sunday and picked me up a bucket of Sweet Martha Cookies and dropped them off yesterday!! Between me and Jim the bucket is already half gone!! Yum yum!! Not quite as good as warm and fresh, but it's cookies! Cookies are always good!

I got a call from my pastor at Immanuel this morning and realized in the hustle bustle of going home and appointments pretty much everyday, I forgot to give him a heads up we went home for a week! I felt horrible, but luckily he didn't try coming down here to check on us! Sometimes it's hard to remember who you have talked to and who you still need to tell!

My mom is going to stop by tonight, which will be nice since Jim went home for a couple hours to try to get the rest of our stuff packed up. We have until Friday to get everything moved out and I'm a little nervous since obviously I haven't been there to see how much progress has been made! Sometimes it's really hard giving up control! I trust Jim and don't know what I would have done at this point in my life without him, but this has turned into quite the test of my trust!

So I got it in my head today I want to start getting books for my babies, of all the things I should be stocking up on you wouldn't think that would be on the top of my list! Well it might have to backtrack! I really want like sets of Dr. Seuss books and the classic Disney stories, but not as easy as I hoped! Definitely not as cheap as I hoped either!! Anyone have any good places to find them though let me know please!

Well my dinner and mom should be here soon, so I should probably make some room! Take care and God bless!!

Love Heather, Jim, Anabell, and Isabell

No comments:

Post a Comment